East Bergholt Cemetery
The Cemetery, uncoloured on the Land Registry plan, is owned and managed by
East Bergholt Parish Council. It is approximately 3.94 acres in size. The land is not
registered at HM Land Registry as there have been no registrable transfers since
compulsory registration of title was brought into effect in 1964.
The land was acquired by the Council in three parts:
1. The area from Cemetery Lane to the end point of title no SK188758 (shown
pink on the Land Registry plan) was transferred from the Burial Board to the
Parish Council when the latter was first established in 1894.

2. The area from the upper boundary of the original cemetery to a point adjacent
to Painters Place was acquired in the 1920s/30s.

3. The area from the east side of 2 (above) to the telephone exchange was
acquired in the 1950s.

Documents of title which still exist are deposited in Suffolk Archives, The Hold, 131
Fore Street, Ipswich IP4 1LR