EAST BERGHOLT PARISH COUNCIL
RED LION CAR PARK
Starting on Monday 14 June and lasting for up to 3 weeks, extensive drainage works will be taking place in the car park. The purpose of the works is to eradicate the flooding problems which have occurred following rainy weather.
THE CAR PARK WILL REMAIN OPEN DURING THE WORKS AS WILL ACCESS TO THE TOILETS AND THE CEMETERY.
The areas in which the contractors are working at any particular time will be cordoned off which will affect the route which needs to be taken for access and egress. This will vary as the works progress and care must be taken at all times during the course of the works to ensure safe passage through the car park.
10 June 2021
EAST BERGHOLT PARISH COUNCIL
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2021
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 25, 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 (SI 2020/404)
- Date of announcement Friday 11 June 2021
- Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Statement (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2020, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
1 Ridgeway, Highwoods, Colchester, CO4 9UW
commencing on Monday 14 June 2021
and ending on Friday 23 July 2021
- Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
- The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
15 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
- This announcement is made by Graham White (Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer)
Suffolk County Council Highways - Reporting Problems
Two Parish Councillors recently visited the local Suffolk County Council Highways Service Delivery Centre. The Highways Officers advised our Councillors that the most effective way of reporting any Highways issues is via the County Council's online reporting tool. Any problem will then be picked up and allocated a reference number. The issue will be looked at by an appropriate member of the Highways Team, prioritised, the area will be inspected if considered necessary, and a solution to any required work will be allocated, if considered appropriate.
Link to Parish Councillors Registers of Interests
The Parish Register of Interests demonstrating openness, fairness and transparency of the Parish Council can be found at the following link: Babergh Members Register of Interests Any queries please contact Babergh/Mid Suffolk District Council by telephoning 01473 296376